Fujitsu FSAS plays a central role in managing IT infrastructure services for the Fujitsu Group. Not long ago, the company’s decentralized server environment included disparate systems scattered across 80 sites in Japan. Administrator workload was huge and the level of system operation management varied from one location to another, making IT governance a challenge. As operational issues reached a tipping point, Fujitsu FSAS needed to reinvent its environment, consolidate its servers, and build a private cloud.
Based on the recommendation of BMC channel partner Fujitsu Limited, Fujitsu FSAS implemented TrueSight Server Automation. This advanced solution manages the total lifecycle of cloud services, from provisioning to application patching and configuration management.
Fujitsu FSAS was able to implement a company-wide private cloud comprising 259 business system and file system servers housed at two sites. BladeLogic enabled the creation of a centralized, automated cloud management system that delivers robust system security and consistent, standardized processes across IT.
- Centralization permits enterprise-wide management of the cloud with a staff of three.
- Centralized management frees up local system administrators to focus on high-value strategic projects.
- Automation slashed provisioning time for new services from five business days to one, including request approvals.
- The ability to send configuration settings to all managed servers at once reduced the effort to configure the servers with standardized rules and security levels.
- Standardized system integration procedures are expected to reduce configuration errors, resulting in more efficient work processes and lower operational risks.
“We are also considering developing solutions based on our know-how of virtual server provisioning built on the BladeLogic infrastructure. These opportunities as well as the success we have already enjoyed have given us big expectations on how BladeLogic will help our business going forward.”— Yutaka Okamoto, System Operation, ICT Division, Fujitsu FSAS